If you wish to make any changes to your trip please click here.
This page contains answers to questions you might have about Speedytravel, and about booking your travel online.
If your question isn't dealt with in the list below, please feel free to contact us. We'd love to hear from you.
Speedytravel Company Information
- 1. Who is Speedytravel?
- Speedytravel is a online travel agency built to bring all the best prices together on one screen. You can read more about us on the About Speedytravel page.
- 2. Where is Speedytravel located?
- Our offices in Australia are located in Sydney and Brisbane. We also have offices serving New Zealand and Singapore. See our Contact Us page for details on the different ways you can get in touch with us.
- 3. How can I get in touch with Speedytravel?
- You can email us, telephone us, or drop by our Brisbane or Sydney offices. See our Contact Us page for details on the different ways you can get in touch with us.
- 1. What must I have in order to book online?
- To travel domestically, all you'll need is a credit card to pay online for the purchase of your tickets.
If you're travelling internationally, you'll also need to confirm that you meet all criteria for admittance into the country you're travelling to. This may include (but is not limited to) a valid passport and a visa or official letter of introduction. You may also need medical tests. It is up to you to ensure you meet all criteria for travel.
If you hold an Australian passport, you can find travel advice at the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Homepage. If you hold a New Zealand passport, please see the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade website for this information.
- 2. Can I book over the phone?
- Absolutely. If you aren't able to make your booking on our website for technical reasons, or if you'd like guidance in making your booking online, our telephone operators are happy to assist you with making your booking.
- 3. Is it safe to book online?
- Yes, it's extremely safe to book online with SpeedyTravel.com.au. When transacting via our secure server, your credit card and personal details are encrypted using the latest industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) 128 Bit encryption technology before being sent over the internet. Your credit card is only ever held encrypted on a secure server which is not accessible at all via the internet.
If you are still unsure about sending your credit card to us via the Internet, you can call one or our offices in Brisbane or Sydney and make your booking over the telephone.
- 4. When do you charge my credit card?
- All online credit card orders are charged in real-time. You'll be informed onscreen when your transaction has been approved or declined. If you are in any doubt about the status of a booking, please contact us right away: if there's a problem that's prevented your booking being approved, the sooner you call, the more chance we have of grabbing your seat before someone else does!
- 1. I do not have a ticket number on my confirmation itinerary.
- If you are travelling on a Low Cost Carrier (ie. Jetstar, Virgin Blue) you will not recieve a ticket number as these carriers are 'ticketless'. Therefore you will just need your itinerary at check-in containing your airline confirmation/reference number. If you are unsure whether you should have a ticket number or not on your confirmation please contact us.
Changes and Cancellations
- 1. Can I change my flight booking once paid for?
- This is subject to the type of airfare you have purchased. Please refer to the fare rules on your itinerary or on the web page where you select your flights, and contact us should you wish to amend your reservation. Amendment fees will vary according to the type of fare purchased.
- 2. Can I obtain a refund for my airline ticket I have paid for and not used?
- The majority of airfares are non-refundable, however this depends on the type of fare you have purchased. Please refer to the fare rules on your itinerary or on the web page where you select your flights, and contact us should you wish to cancel your reservation. Cancellation fees will vary according to the type of fare purchased.
- 3. Can I change the name on my ticket?
- The airline rules state that your airline ticket(s) are non-transferable and therefore are not able to be amended to another person's name. If you have made a spelling error when entering a travellers name details on the website please contact us as we may be able to amend this. The amendment fee for this can vary according to the airline.
Website Troubles and Technical Difficulties
- 1. I'm having trouble working out how to use the Speedytravel website.
- Our goal is to provide an easy-to-use travel booking service to everyone. If you are having difficulties viewing or navigating our website, we'd love to hear from you so that we can make your experience better. Please take the time to drop us a line via one of the methods listed on our our Contact Us page. We listen to and appreciate all your comments. (Really!)
- 2. I booked online but haven't heard anything from you. Has my booking gone through?
- When you purchase travel items with Speedy Travel you should receive a confirmation email from us, with your itinerary enclosed, within the hour.
If you haven't received your itinerary, please contact us right away. If there's a problem that's prevented your booking being approved, the sooner you call, the more chance we have of grabbing your seat before someone else does!
You may also have entered your email address incorrectly. If this has happened, our consultants can locate your booking in our system and send the itinerary to the correct address.